Who is in for a fishing "charter"?

Started by jlezama, April 29, 2021, 12:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlezama

Update: Sorry for dropping the ball, some personal issues. I will start a list with the maybes and the "ins" so we cab charter the boat in November-December, it will happen on a weekend likely a saturday. I will also get a quote for the trip so we can estimate the cost per person.

Hi all
          Who is in for a fishing "charter" on the Huli Cat? Date TBD price might be 150~200 bucks for a salmon or rockfish combo. I can get more info once we get a quorum.

Thanks for the questions crab pot, let me elaborate:
         I am thinking of HMB on the Huli Cat, but Berkeley or Emeryville are also a possibility. The reason I quoted "charter" is because the occupancy for the Huli Cat is so low now (sometimes they leave with 4-6 people) is that it is almost chartered to us. I only need to make the reservations we needed and we have us little party on the boat. Of course, if there is a lot of interest we can actually charter the whole boat. Right now they are charging 200 for the combos (crab and rockcod) and I believe 160 for salmon. Salmon is hot right now out of HMB, so it might be worth a shot. Let me know what other people think.
The dates: I was thinking ASAP! we can also do the now annual Ohana crab party boat in December.

Thanks for reading! and Let's go fishing!
Juan

Lingwendil

If it's on a weekend I may be interested, time off during the week is very difficult!
Levelwind Lunatic! Cheap Bastard!

Penn and Pflueger nutjob!

Eyes out for: Pflueger Rocket, vintage 4-1 ratio or better spinning reels (especially metal-bodied and ultralight!)

Dominick

Depending on the date and weather I'm in.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

jlezama

Quote from: Lingwendil on April 30, 2021, 06:22:32 PM
If it's on a weekend I may be interested, time off during the week is very difficult!

Yes! It'll be on a weekend

Marc Fong

theswimmer

If Tom or whoever is the Skip is willing to go for big fish I'm in .
Not interested in another trip where my sack is 5-6 lbs....
I can go any day but Wednesdays .
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Bryan Young

I would love to but am distancing myself for the time being.  Have fun!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Crab Pot

Details.

Amount of anglers?

November/December trip?

Out of Berkeley/Emeryville right?

Salmon Crab combo? Never been on one of those before!

(Don't think I want to either given the hit and miss nature of Salmon)

But pencil me in dependent on date.
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Crab Pot

I'm down for a Saturday date for a crab and cod combo.

First weekend in November is going to be a hard to get date given the opener of crab if you haven't already done it.

Let me know when you have more details.
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

bchen

I'm in, too.  I'm also interested in size over quantity.

Weekdays are possible, weekends are ideal.

Bill B

A definite maybe for me.....need to work out logistics if I do go.....travel and lodging....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Rancanfish

Always a good trip,  but I will be in Oregon.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

mikeysm

We need to get a charter for November now and don't wait.

Mike

mikeysm

Well it looks like I will go by myself. People are so scared that they gave up on living. What's worse than dieing. Hidding from a virus that will get you sooner or later.

Mike

alantani

well, i still have a boat.  mrs. tani is not so hot on the idea of too many house guests at once, but she doesn't mind my going out fishing!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!