Dam Quick 86

Started by sharkman, May 09, 2021, 02:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

Very little information on reel. It is a budget reel all bushing. It is very minimalistic. The side plate is plastic but the color is solid not painted or coated. Thought I would post some pics of inside after cleaning. The main gear has some marks not stripped hopefully it won't be rough or noisy. Will post more pic during rebuild.

sharkman

A note of interest when disabling the pinion slides first before main gear.

sharkman

Easy assembly. No c clips. Basically handle and rotor nut hold everything together. No skips but reel is noisy from gears.

foakes

I have gears and parts for those, if desired SM —

Plastic parts such as side plate, rotor, crosswind block.

It will catch fish the way you serviced it though — and the noise won't startle the fish.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

sharkman

Fred,

I may take you up on the gears just for piece of mind if I strip during fishing. Just let me know how much. I really glad you looked at the post because never serviced one of these reels. Do you have any specs on the reel.

Thanks,

James