Reel ID

Started by joesquid, May 09, 2021, 02:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joesquid

Can anyone ID this reel.  I've never seen this logo that I can remember.

Wompus Cat

Ocean City and Montague bothe had Similar Icons but I don't think your reel is one of those and I have a couple of those reels SOMEWHERE
Marked and will look for them .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

joesquid

Thank you.  The stand and handle are similar to some older Penns.  Did different manufacturers use some of the same parts?

Wompus Cat

Ocean City in it's dying days made Reels for other peeps. X-Pert,Sears,  Hardware Stores, Macy,  and a sundry of others Me thinks the ones we have with the Fish on it are Trade Reels by Ocean city  but gotta find mine or my notes to verify Knobs on your scream Ocean City . would like to see the innards,that might just confirm maker .  .

Gfish

Interesting. Yeah, inside parts!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

joesquid

Yeah fellas, I suppose that would help but unfortunately, I don't have the reel.  Was just thinking about buying it.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: joesquid on May 09, 2021, 06:25:34 PM
Yeah fellas, I suppose that would help but unfortunately, I don't have the reel.  Was just thinking about buying it.

Well it is a 4 - 8 dollar reel in the shape it's in IMHO IF the one you posted is the one you are looking to Buy.. Providing the shipping is less than 10 bux .

joesquid

Thanks for the info!  I reckon I'll pass on this then.