Wayne's Generosity and My Elbow Grease

Started by Dominick, May 03, 2021, 03:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Wayne (el pescador) came by my house and dropped off a couple of reels someone had given to him.  One was an Ocean City Bay (circa 1931) and a Pflueger Interocean 300 (circa 1920) Patent date June 16, 1908.  They were in rough shape having been in a shed for a bunch of years.  These are the before pictures.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

I'm not sure the photos are posting.  Here are the after photos.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thorhammer

oldmanjoe

The photo `s are in  a zip file .       They cleaned up well for what they look like in the before photo`s .    Nice save !!!!!!!!  
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

El Pescador

AND Alan bestowed the title ADMINISTRATOR to Dominick!!!   REELY???

Photos fixed, rotated, and posted.    Wayne

BEFORE Photos:

Enjoy,

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

El Pescador

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

foakes

Thanks, Wayne —

Nice work, Counselor!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Rancanfish

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Dominick

Quote from: Rancanfish on May 03, 2021, 06:25:50 PM
Love the antique meter too!
That was state of the art when I bought it.  time marches on.  Dominick

Thanks Wayne.  I had a problem getting the file to unzip in the gallery.  Dominick

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Maxed Out

Dominick, I google your address(street view)and there you are sitting in your garage working on a reel. Nice cleanup !
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Ron Jones

Nothing wrong with that meter, there are still several analog systems that go haywire if you try to measure something that generates a digital signal.

Great work on the reels, as is expected.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

Great work Wayne.  I'm sending you my reels that need this kind of cleaning.   ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Quote from: Maxed Out on May 03, 2021, 07:49:52 PM
Dominick, I google your address(street view)and there you are sitting in your garage working on a reel. Nice cleanup !

I forgot you posted this.  I checked it also after your post.  Sure enough there I was working away.  Dominick