Waiting a long time for parts?

Started by Lunker Larry, May 06, 2021, 03:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

Ordered a Lexa 400 HSP worm gear through the authorized repair depot here last September. Still nothing. He's checked with Daiwa a number of times and keeps getting they are having an issue getting parts. Hasn't had anything from them in over a month. Daiwa always took a while but this is getting ridiculous. Same issue with Quantum. Kick lever ordered last October.
Anyone else with parts issues? Daiwa doesn't have a presence in Canada so that may be the issue. Shimano is good as they have one in the province.
Hard to explain why you're holding on to a reel for 8 months for a $9 part.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Brewcrafter

I don't know for sure - but if I was to hazard a guess I would say it's the same thing affecting items besides reel parts - looking outside of just about any major port of entry (Ports of Long Beach/Los Angeles is a great example) container ships have been stacked up for weeks because they simply cannot accommodate and offload them fast enough. - john

Donnyboat

I have herd, Plat supply parts much faster than Daiwa do, if this helps, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Jenx

I hope Penn isn't having the same issues. I'm looking to order some parts from them.

steelhead_killer

Okuma has been a major problem for me.  It took them two weeks just to respond to an email. It was an automated email that was not helpful at all. I've had several Okuma reels in since September waiting on parts.

Andy
><)))">

alantani

the supply chains for every industry are messed up.  been trying to order 3 pound spools of berkley big game from pure fishing for 6 months now.  it's all bad.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!