Great Deal from Back When it was Called Daiwa-Seiko

Started by whalebreath, May 12, 2021, 02:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whalebreath

Someone here in Vancouver is selling a brand new antique Daiwa Sealine 600 for peanuts would that I had a use for it and the patience to source parts when it finally needs some.

I know those who own these reels say they were some of the Best Daiwa ever made.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/spo/d/vancouver-daiwa-fishing-reel/7319954650.html

alantani

is it jigmaster-sized?  hard to tell.  no, must be the size of a 6/0 senator!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

melkapule

What type of fishing line is on that reel? Strength? Thank you for any information.

oc1

Quote from: melkapule on May 12, 2021, 07:12:10 AM
What type of fishing line is on that reel? Strength? Thank you for any information.

Looks like Gudebrod Dacron.  The line of choice in that era and still a good option for trolling.

Donnyboat

I have two Daiwa-Seiko 900, not 900 H, they are nice strong reels I think the rods & rings are SS, with baker light plates, yes the 6/0 is the same size as the Penn 6/0, I have never seen a yellow reel like that, should be really nice, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Ruffy

That's the old sealine. I think @rothmar was looking at doing something with one of them but not sure where it ended up. I had one briefly for a look, the one thing about them was they had straight cut gears and the dog post could be swapped, meaning they could be a true left or right handed reel.

Cheers,
Andrew