Self Contained

Started by Gfish, May 15, 2021, 02:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

It ain't much, but it's all I need. My little fishing world on a set of wheels. An E 350 1-ton extra long, bout 20' bumper to bumper. The yak comes out/goes in at knee level—no more back strain from loading onto/off of my SUV roof rails. Also can set it all up outta the rain while it's in the van the day before. Van's full of all the extra goodies I might need.

Things have changed since I got the kayak in 2015. Added stuff as you might expect. I think if it tips over, I'mina be in trouble; Motor/battery, fish finder/battery, traveling bait holder, 5 rigs, lunch box, cooler/fish bag and bilge pump.

Really though, it's the high point of my week. Just me, maybe some marine wildlife, maybe some singing, no phone answering, no music, no lawn care or vehicle/neighbor noise. None of those stupid tourist helicopter sounds whose flight path is over my place(actually godda turn up stuff I listen to when they fly over). All I godda do is beat the tourists to the good parking spots. Easy-peasy, cause I wake-up at 2-4 AM.

I did take a copter flight with the wife once. One of the coolest tourist things I've done here, gets you right into the Napali coast wilderness canyons.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gfish

More, maybe too much, ha!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Bill B

Custom tailored to your needs....gotta love that...good job brother...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

oc1

That's wild.  The fishing machine.

Donnyboat

Good for you Greg, can you tip it on its side, & sleep in the van, nice set up, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

David Hall

milne

Cool set up Greg......
  I Gotta tell you but !!!
Having the balance of someone intoxicated at the best of times, and my aging body now saying slow down, But more importantly, seeing where and what a friend of mine does with his Yak, Fair puts the wind up me.... astonishing what and where he goes.
Kudo's to you, But I like to have the luxury of a throttle and the safe high sides of my wee fibreglass boat  ;D

There's guys down under here, That video there exploits on those Yaks, and even taking prize fish, once thought to be the domain of large boats.
I've had a paddle around on one, but very quickly admitted to myself, anything past 50 meters from shore wasn't for me.. ;D

As mentioned, Kudo's to you for getting out there... Nothing but admiration for those that do.... Have you ever Go Pro'd your exploits ??????

Col

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

steelfish

looks like a pretty awesome fishing cargo van, now lets cover all those side windows with fishing stickers !

amigo, I couldnt avoid checking your gear and noticed on the 4rd pic, the sahuaro rod (where you have the abu Toro) the 1st guide look not aligned with the rest, 1st I thought it was rewrapped on acid style but then saw the rest of the guides still on the top of the blank but not aligned with the striper, its that correct or its a picture visual effect?

cool to see the NFC 49's rod with the rest of the arsenal for the battle.
The Baja Guy

Hardy Boy

Looking good!! Glad to see my old spinner getting used !! Your old Avet gets a work out every now and then.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Midway Tommy

Nice, Greg! Next step is you need to figure out some sort of fold away bed, a 12V cooler & propane camp stove. Then when the better half boots your butt out on the street you'll have a really nice dog house.  ;D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

gstours

Very well thought out Greg,  you will find solitude and sounds other people, like me, only dream of.  Keep thinking, there must be someting else you need? :D    Have fun.