DIY stencil contrasts

Started by gstours, May 15, 2021, 01:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

When I started painting home made jigs it seemed the easiest to dip them in a can of paint and let them drip dry.    This worked ok, got a lot of paint on, quick, very little clean up.
While I still do this for a primer coat, the finish colors and details can be hand painted with a spray or brush.   I still lack the powder coating essentials, so spraying is my next morfication.
  As the stencil seems to make sense if you wanna replicate .   Another post could be made on this subject in itself.   Butt here is a lure that hopefully will get eaten soon.

gstours

The plastic blue sheet is fit in a nice inlaid pocket to protect it and finish is flush.  Self adhesive and clear lacquer over.  The pearl is an acrylic, so the black and blue.  Airbrush sprayed.   Just trying to keep it simple.
  This is a reproduction of Dave's computer 💻 generated jig master,  the pictures show some of the details and mr Dave can possibly tell you more about how it acts in the mid water column.
   This jig might work for our deep water king salmon,  when we get an open season soon.
Butt it's 290 grams naked and destined to be a target for some halibut fairly soon.
      Testing is the fun part.🚣‍♀️