Newell width question

Started by thorhammer, May 19, 2021, 01:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Hey folks, what's the name of the kit 1/4" wider than std 500 Jiggy width? The Bluefin Special? (which is not for East Coast bluefin). I'm hunting a spool.

John

Caranx

Yellowfin Special 2-3/4" width

thorhammer

Decker

I thought the Yellowtail Special was the narrow 113H size. I may be mistaken, but eB agrees with me.

Bluefin Special is the widened 112H.

I don't know what an extra wide Jiggy is called, but Randy sold some Tiburon kits:  https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=17417.0

thorhammer

Yellowfin is what Caranx said, not YTS.  The YTS is a 113H narrow. Randy's super jiggy is even wider- 3". The Newell kit I have is between the std 500 and the Tib super jiggy widths.

Decker

RowdyW

Quote from: Decker on May 19, 2021, 04:52:54 PM
I thought the Yellowtail Special was the narrow 113H size. I may be mistaken, but eB agrees with me.

Bluefin Special is the widened 112H.

I don't know what an extra wide Jiggy is called, but Randy sold some Tiburon kits:  https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=17417.0
The widened 112H from Tiburon is the Tuna Special.       Rudy

MarkT

Albacore Special = mid-width 500 (99 size)
Yellowfin Special = wide 500
Bluefin Special = Wide 112h (500 width)
YTS = Narrow 113H
Marlin Special = Wide 113H
Broadbill Special = ex wide 113H
Black Marlin Special = Wide 114H
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

RowdyW

As I said my 112h came from Tiburon labeled as TUNA SPECIAL. No mention of a bluefin. There was also at one time an even wider 112H than the TUNA SPECIAL. Maybe that's the one known as the bluefin.

Caranx

Tuna special is 2-7/16" wide for the 112h
Bluefin Special is 2-3/4" wide  for the 112h

Brendan

I believe the names applied to Newell conversion kits.
Brendan.

thorhammer

Thanks folks! So I'm hunting a Yellowfin special spool. Although it makes no sense for me to own (why do we need that anyway????) I will then probably hunt up a Black Marlin special kit as low and behold, it seems I will then have all the conversions.

John

Caranx

Contact Randy Pauly (Vintage Offshore Tackle) he may have a couple Yellowfin spools available for sale.
He can answer all of your Newell conversion kit questions too.
Randy can also hook you up with a Tiburon brand Yellowfin (P20W) size spool for you also for a good price.