Parts Dealers

Started by fishyaf, May 21, 2021, 01:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishyaf

Looking for Shimano drag washers.  I tried a site called eReplacementParts.com and after a few days after ordering the parts they emailed me and said they didn't have them in stock!

Where do you guys order your parts from?

thorhammer

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Brewcrafter

X3 Smoothdrag.  Also a tip - call or email - while their website lists a LOT of stuff - it doesn't list everything so just because you don't see it don't assume they don't have it. - john

Wompus Cat

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Cor

Even out of Africa.......Dawn!   @ Smoothgrag :)
Cornelis

Brewcrafter

Wompus Cat - Not sure but think you are asking for a link?  https://www.smoothdrag.com/
Dawn also has a Board in the General Repair section on this site - Smooth Drag  Hope that is what you were asking?
And to the original post from fishyaf - most of the major manufacturers have repair and service centers (although Covid has played all kinds of hell with supply chains).  The Shimano complex in Irvine is...well...freaking huge.  I haven't been to Okuma up in Rancho Cucamonga but I have to think it is also pretty comprehensive.  But I also understand that quite a few of the major brands, when they phase out/update a reel - suddenly the parts for the old version (even if only a few years old) become "unobatanium".  I'm not sure exactly how old the Shimano reel(s) are you are looking to service, but it never hurts to start with the manufacturer...- john

oc1

I've about had it with eReplacementParts.  They have a lot of stuff but there is always a hitch.  Usually that means incredibly slow shipping.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Brewcrafter on May 21, 2021, 06:20:48 AM
Wompus Cat - Not sure but think you are asking for a link?  https://www.smoothdrag.com/
Dawn also has a Board in the General Repair section on this site - Smooth Drag  Hope that is what you were asking?
And to the original post from fishyaf - most of the major manufacturers have repair and service centers (although Covid has played all kinds of hell with supply chains).  The Shimano complex in Irvine is...well...freaking huge.  I haven't been to Okuma up in Rancho Cucamonga but I have to think it is also pretty comprehensive.  But I also understand that quite a few of the major brands, when they phase out/update a reel - suddenly the parts for the old version (even if only a few years old) become "unobatanium".  I'm not sure exactly how old the Shimano reel(s) are you are looking to service, but it never hurts to start with the manufacturer...- john

The post I put up IS the link to SmoothDrag ...lol

Guess I should have put up a More intuitive array.
example below this .
CLICK YOUR MOUSE LEFT BUTTON ON THIS HIGHLIGHTED AREA OF THIS HERE CAPITALIZED LINE OF WORDS TO GO THERE
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Cor

Quote from: Wompus Cat on May 21, 2021, 12:38:21 PM
Quote from: Brewcrafter on May 21, 2021, 06:20:48 AM
Wompus Cat - Not sure but think you are asking for a link?  https://www.smoothdrag.com/
Dawn also has a Board in the General Repair section on this site - Smooth Drag  Hope that is what you were asking?
And to the original post from fishyaf - most of the major manufacturers have repair and service centers (although Covid has played all kinds of hell with supply chains).  The Shimano complex in Irvine is...well...freaking huge.  I haven't been to Okuma up in Rancho Cucamonga but I have to think it is also pretty comprehensive.  But I also understand that quite a few of the major brands, when they phase out/update a reel - suddenly the parts for the old version (even if only a few years old) become "unobatanium".  I'm not sure exactly how old the Shimano reel(s) are you are looking to service, but it never hurts to start with the manufacturer...- john

The post I put up IS the link to SmoothDrag ...lol

Guess I should have put up a More intuitive array.
example below this .
CLICK YOUR MOUSE LEFT BUTTON ON THIS HIGHLIGHTED AREA OF THIS HERE CAPITALIZED LINE OF WORDS TO GO THERE
Cornelis