Like a Pond

Started by gstours, May 22, 2021, 02:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Often the weather, wind direction and speed dictate what you can do when getting away from the dock.  In southeast Alaska about every two weeks the tides sorta copy themselves as for height, and either deminishing or adding with every switch around and both plus and minus tides are affected by the moon they say.
  Usually for my fishing the less water change the better butt every tide only lasts about 6 hours and then it will change direction.
      Its been said that an ebbing bay or inlet is like a big bathtub ....  when the tides out and there is a lot of muddy beach exposed it actually smells more like a toilet. ;)
  Here,s a clip from a past trip when the weather was aboslutly perfect for tourism, and fishing........ Even though my brother shown as the actor has two boats he rarely goes fishing. ???
  As hoped we hook up on a pretty good halibut and thought it was worth sharing you folk.    Every day should be a fishing day! :)

Wompus Cat

You are a True Genius in the Art of  Halibutrey Retrieval and Filming ......!
Makes my Day every time I watch one of your videos !
Thanks.
I kept trying to wipe off my screen to get that water bubble off....lol
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Dominick

Wow!  That butt put up a fuss. Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.