Another braid to mono knot

Started by gstours, May 25, 2021, 12:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Another one I found that might be useful to some.   I tied a few just to know and compare it with the others.   Like many I was skeptical,  butt it might have a place in the right situation......
  It's fairly easy to tie,  and to remember,  at least for me.    In a way finishes more like the Alberto than the Allbright.   See what you think.  😶 .....   all comments welcome. 🥴
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FJmgEVCdZVDw&data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd321a620f5cc4a8dfa4b08d91c99a44a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637572268469443609%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=Y0kgHiGM5YZpIB17vLaUn3bKmITZeCuxai1PUJp1dJ0%3D&reserved=0
   Remember I,m only the messenger.🤕

gstours

Sorry to all.... this was the wrong link.🥴  Please disregard it,   I did tie and test this knot and would not recommend it.   It tested about half of what the Alberto tests and is more difficult and the tag end sticks out at a right angle.    Butt now you know more than before,       Right?  👿

gstours

Ok,  im sorry,  butt its how we can learn......     listed below is what i was trying to show.   It might find favor with somebody.   
    After tying it a few times it seems to be a little fat in the back end,  like ????    and actually tapered with tne mono shooting end being somewhat smaller?    I now call it little fatty,  as its quite short with 8 turns.   Im early strain tests it is waay better than the earlier one in the first part of this post.        What do you think?  ???   

philaroman

if it's strong, looks good as a quick option for braid & mono of similar diameter
usually, that's for vid clarity -- here, I think it contributes to knot looking desirable
how "fatty" does it get if mono is much thicker than braid?  ...not optimistic

oc1

I agree.  The doubled leader material makes the knot larger in diameter than an FG knot that only has a single strand of leader.

Cuttyhunker

For several years I've used a similar knot known alternately a the RP, Royal Polaris, or John Collins knot. With the folded Floro go through the base go up 5 turns like a clinch knot around the main and tag away from the fold then back over the first five with 5 more back towards the fold then out the eye to finish in either direction.  Quick and easy on the boat.  So far so good.  Plenty of vids on the tube. 
Doomed from childhood

gstours

Yes it's similar butt maybe different?  Knots are like politicians as they can look good at first.👿
   Here's two steps before a test.

Aiala

Although it strikes me as virtually identical to the Improved Albright, I'm a fan of the John Collins, too... hasn't failed me yet!  :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Wompus Cat

Well I use to pride myself in tying gknots but that top one video so far I have yet to get it to work .
Mono pulls out every time  with not much pressure .Needs a loop tie on both ends .
Might work for braid to braid tho .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

gstours

Yes Aiala ,  I'd have to agree it does look like the improved Albright when tightened.  It's pretty easy to probably tie on a rocking boat,  butt hopefully you're best knot didn't just break? 😢
  My experience is agreeing with other people who say the last 3-5 turns in the loop that I showed don't seem to help anything....   at least in my testing of the Alberto knot,  then the knot would be a little smaller diameter.   🤷‍♂️
  O by the way I've tested a half dozen of these recently with the same lines and the Alberto always would equal using 6-7 down and back wraps.   
  This was just another way to lure people back into thinking 🤔 and talking about 🐠 fishing 🎣. 😺