Pro Gear 545 Sale

Started by Maxed Out, May 24, 2021, 10:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

A barely used PG545 with new and improved knob. This one does have a clicker. For those that aren't savvy about the older PG reels, this 545 is the same exact size as a Jigmaster 501, but it has 113H Bridge, sleeve, gears & drags. Also a 113H spool shaft. The frame is made from one solid piece of aluminum. The headplate is countersunk into the frame and only requires 2 screws. The jack is a jigmaster part, the yoke is a punched out jigmaster yoke, and Bryan Young is the supplier for those. This reel recently made a trip to Hawaii to go yak fishing with the "G' man (Gregg). He filled it with new 65# spectra and also serviced the reel. I just finished upgrading the knob, and now it's ready for a new lease on life.

$170 shipped to anywhere in the USA

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Maxed Out

You won't find one like this anywhere else !!

Here is the stock knob in comparison to the new and much improved knob...

nelz

You're killin' me man, I'm trying to cut down!  :'(

steelfish

the hard to find Jigmaster Magnum in different suit..  but.. but
The Baja Guy

Maxed Out

Ok, I'm upping the ante'  ;D

$150 including USA shipping, and a jar of my albacore !!

Wompus Cat

SOLD
Send it to TEXAS
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Maxed Out

Congrats Henry,  I'll ship the little tank tomorrow

nelz

thorhammer

Wompus Cat

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

sciaenops

You struck gold! That's a beaut

Rancanfish

I'm going to start calling you Crazy Ted.  No way I'm selling mine for that, lol.

EDIT:  Not meant in a derogatory mode.  Ted is awesome to anyone familiar with him.  Just a crazy good deal.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Rancanfish on May 25, 2021, 03:05:39 PM
I'm going to start calling you Crazy Ted.  No way I'm selling mine for that, lol.

By no means am I wanting to devalue anyone else's reels. These 1st gen Pro Gear reels are way undervalued in todays market. If these same reels were modern made, they would retail for $400+. The 545 & 541 also came with custom 4/1 gears made by Pro Gear. I've never felt a smoother set of gears as these. Selling here to the Ohana means no selling fee. eBay/paypal takes 15% right off the top. I subtract that 15% because no seller fees here.

Maxed Out

Just in case anyone is interested, here's a couple Pro gear 541's (jigmaster 500 magnums). These are "no clicker" models. Silver reel is minus the clamp, but a standard 113H clamp fits, or Cortez clamp. The silver reel also has Adam blade and star, and new foam knob

The black one has new blade with Alan's 3/0 knob. Both reels have custom shift lever. The black one is filled with fresh 65# spectra. The silver one is 30# big game mono

black reel looks new, used twice. The silver shows some use. I used it for downrigger salmon fishing over 2 summers. The black foam knob is new. Functions are smooth as silk....$160 each

EDIT: black 541 sold
           Silver 541 sold

Maxed Out

With the upgrades, these  reels should be selling for $200+, but recovering investment in a reel isn't always in the cards.