Main Menu

New TV series...

Started by Aiala, May 26, 2021, 06:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Netflix just posted a new original series: "BATTLEFISH"! :D

I haven't watched any yet, it's about albacore fishing off the coast of Oregon. I guess I'll give it a try, if for no other reason than to see someone catch an albacore (something I haven't done since August of '86)... ::)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

thorhammer

El Pescador

Aiala,

I too will check out BATTLEFISH for sure.

If you have access to OUTDOOR CHANNEL, I enjoy watching - THE FISH MONGER

https://www.outdoorchannel.com/show/fishmonger/388571

The show highlights San Diego Fishing along with specialty cuts of fish and how to enjoy them.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Gfish

Will it be a "reality" type of series? You know, with all the scripted drama and competition? Not that I wouldn't watch it, but like that Bluefin series; Wicked Tuna, prolly limit my viewing time. Last time for me was '93, but that was commercial offa the Wa. coast.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

David Hall

I have watched a few episodes.  It's certainly more entertaining than daytime TV.

Brewcrafter

That Battlefish series has been around for a few seasons.  It is :
cool because:
It's fishing.
Big difference in the approaches - it is all "hook and line"  but you have older "old school" type boats and then you also have the new school "?OppoTunity" that is basicallly a hopped up sportfisher that is fishing commercially.  Cool show.  And speaking as a SoCal boy - Albacore ARE just a myth right?  You know, like Bigfoot and Unicorns?