Penn 9/0 reassembly questions!

Started by Jaygrubby, June 07, 2021, 10:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaygrubby

Hello! I'm currently smack in the middle of putting my 9/0 back together with the following upgrades done: Bryan Young 7+1 drag, SS Gear sleeve and Dog and Pro Challenger power handle. I'm looking for info on how the drag assembly goes. I have ghe drag upgrade put together in the correct order, however once the final keyed washer is in place does anything else go on the gear sleeve from stock? Is there any other change from a standard assembly? I believe the drag is the only think I'm confused on. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Donnyboat

Hi Jay, if you have a look through the Senator tutorials, there should be some photos of the drags washers in order, I use a carbon fibre undergear washer, as it will give you more drag, the free spool will be a little shorter, but your not going to cast with, & make shore your to eared washer is inside the grooves of the main gear, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

RowdyW

Jay, the only things to go on top of the last keyed washer is a tension spring washer.  The best way to assemble it is to put the spacer sleeve on top of the spring washer & snug down the star on it to compress the drag stack. Then remove the star & place a rubber band or tight fitting O ring on the gear sleeve to hold the stack tightly together while you assemble the whole thing into the plate. Then snug the bridge screws down and remove whatever you used to keep the guts compressed. The rest of the assembly is on the outside.

Jaygrubby

Thanks fellas! I got her all done and even did it right the first time! Haha! I'll be spooling her up in the next few days and hopefully catching some big boys soon!

Donnyboat

Good just remember, once you have the spool full of line, you will get a good idea of the strength of the Drag, just remember, as line is taken from the spool when fishing, your drag increases, without turning the star down anymore, now some pics of  these fish, please, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!