Newell 344 ?

Started by Bishop808, June 10, 2021, 04:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishop808

I have a 344 that when I lock down the drag the handle slides forward a bit then stops and I'm able to slide it back a bit then it stops,  is that normal? Everything else works as it should.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Bishop808 on June 10, 2021, 04:12:19 AM
I have a 344 that when I lock down the drag the handle slides forward a bit then stops and I'm able to slide it back a bit then it stops,  is that normal? Everything else works as it should.
If the handle position is in between the rachet clicks then it will slide forward or backward until it clicks or dog contacts the rachet stop position.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bishop808

Bishop808

It's a bow tie, thanks

oc1

Well, I don't know but don't see how that can happen unless the spacing sleeve is worn or the inside of the sleeve is worn or the bridge post is loose.  Loose bridge post may be the most likely.

Newell Nut

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 10, 2021, 04:26:57 AM
Quote from: Bishop808 on June 10, 2021, 04:12:19 AM
If the handle position is in between the rachet clicks then it will slide forward or backward until it clicks or dog contacts the rachet stop position.

The older Newells have an 8 tooth sprocket for the dog and the newer ones have a 10 tooth sprocket. Very noticeable on the older ones.