Shimano 100Q AX BIO GRIP spinning reel anti reverse ratchet RD-1887 needed

Started by LSE, June 12, 2021, 12:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philaroman

way too much $$$...  don't rush -- you'll eventually find something like that <$20

found smallest Shimano ratchet $3+3:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/352236678676?hash=item5202f12e14:g:KfwAAOSwRbtaOWal
fair price, but don't get that yet, either -- those "7 available" not goin' anywhere
I actually have one & forgot about it, because it goes INSIDE tiny 500-size gearbox w/ vertical pawl
so it might actually be too small in OD and/or too-small/too-many teeth
if it seems promising -- have many possible upgrade parts/ideas

note those matching lugs on rotor & cam are not same size, so you can only put the rotor on one way
that's strictly for self-centering -- otherwise, it's 50/50 that you reassemble w/ trigger centering on the bottom
if you're converting to multi-point A/R, the rotor can go on either way & flat-to-flat connection is fine

LSE

Sorry for the delay in responding, I had a chance to go fishing and jumped on it.  :) I did measure my Shimano 100Q AX BIO GRIP reel and found I can use an A/R ratchet gear that has a maximum OD of .575", this size will still clear the A/R locking pawl when it is rotated to the unlocked position by the A/R cam. Can you check your stock for something that might work?

You are kind of losing me with referencing self-centering... Thanks for the input and ideas. 

My 2 favorite reels are my Shakespeare 2052 and South Bend Classic 930 (older all metal reel), they both seem to load the fishing line evenly back onto the spool. I noticed my Garcia GK200 and Daiwa GC80 sometimes load the fishing line more towards the front of the spool and when I let an inexperienced friend use these reels a tangled mess has resulted. It seems the in and out oscillating of the main shaft doesn't match up with the spool width where the line loads.

Gfish

On some reels(not familiar with those-2) you can remove or add a shim or 2, underneath the spool, to get better line lay.

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!