squidded bearings

Started by basto, June 12, 2021, 10:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basto

Hi Guys
Is there any bearings that can replace the stock bearings in a 140 Squidder?
Greg
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Petah

Replacement bearings are readily available at most shops that do reel repairs.
Smooth Drags has them!

Peter

Gfish

Lookin for stock, or upgrade? I did stock on mine from...VBX? I think, but it wasn't much of an improvement. Mystic Penn parts sells them stock with the extras(cup, shim, knurled washer), but expensive.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

basto

Thanks Guys for all your replies. A few things to ponder now.
Greg

Donnyboat

Hi Greg, you might find that ciramic bearings dont rust, so they spin more freely without lube, the long distance casting groupe use them, & just spay them out with alcohol, or electical contact spray, or carb cleaner, or Brake cleaner, every now & then. good luck cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Ruffy

Hi Greg,
I get all my bearings from Hedgehog Studio in Japan. Prices are pretty comparable to everywhere else (for the standard SS at least) and they are good quality. Shipping to Australia is fast, a couple of weeks ago I ordered on a Tuesday, my order was in Darwin Thursday and in my hands Friday.

Cheers,
Andrew

basto

I found, after taking the reel apart, that the problem was that the sequence of shim, bearing and the knurled crown part in the head plate was incorrect.
The spool had too much play in the headplate. After fitting these parts back in correct order everything was good.
I gave both bearings a good clean and lube and the reel and me are much happier.
Thanks for all your replies.
Greg