SoA 1.5 day trip

Started by AJ, June 15, 2021, 02:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJ

Just got back from a 1.5 day aboard the SoA and thought some might be interested in the new crew. 

first the weather was lousy and the fishing worse, other than that a great trip.  Evan found fish but only a few biters. We fished from Midnight to 10 or 11 PM for very few fish but the crew kept trying. 

In the galley was Guinness and Xiao-Li, who a great job keeping us fed.  Last night we had a pork roll that was excellent.

On deck there was Luke, Roman, Carter and Joules and they gaffed fish, untangled lines, gave out free advice and helped with any rigging needs.  Evan did admit losing Scotty and JP was a blow but he is confident he will be able to rebuild a great crew.

So it looks like a good start to the season and the boat looks great, I am looking forward to my next trip, 11 days in November.

alantani

ah, roman is back!  we board on the 22nd, next week, for a 3 day trip.  looking forward to it!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

stoked4fishin

Thanks for the report AJ!  7 of us from the AT crew are going on the AVET 3 day departing on the 22nd.

AJ

stoked4fishin

Brewcrafter

When you folks are on your 3-day I will be on the back half of my RP 8-day; and I have a suspicion that we can all wave at each other (and the 30 other boats I see on AIS) about 50 miles off Ensenada  :D - john

Bill B

Thank you for the report.....looking forward to my 3 day with Alan next week.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Brewcrafter

Email today from the Royal Polaris said "Bring a heavy outfit and plan on sinker rigs during the day and flatfalls by night."  Hopefully that means I can finally get some blood on the VISX20/Viper combo that Alan dialed in for me 2 years ago.  I am hoping we all have some great stories and photos to share a couple weekends from now.  I know that Mark is currently on the Excel Phenix rods 8-day, he gets back this Friday when I leave (planning on trying to cross paths with him at the landing so he can hand off "The Tank") so he should hopefully have some good first hand intel on this weekends upcoming Zoom call.  Good luck everyone! - john