Big Orange Crush, the Stealth Fisha 555

Started by kmstorm64, June 23, 2021, 04:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmstorm64

Late post, but here is my 2020 Stealth Fisha 555 kayak.  I ordered it from the folks in South Africa, and it is a good yak for out on big blue.  Glides forever and a day.  At 18 feet, it is a long yak, and I like the fact I can store up to an 8 foot rod in hull without issue.  It has a built in live bait tank that keeps water circulating through a pair of scuppers on the underside.  Fish Finder is an older Lowrance 4 off of my old kayak.  In 2020 I made several long (long to me) kayaking trips that I would of never made with my old plastic yak. Distance of upwards of 12 miles (not a huge amount, but I use to be worn out after 4-5 miles in Big Red).  I tried a front mounted rod mount, but really didn't like it, and use the conventional rod holders behind me.   The old Grey Toyota has been retired and replaced with a Nissan Frontier.  I will post the mods I did to get that on the truck and the poor boy special rod holders I made.
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

handi2

My wife loves the scenery.

Happy fishing :)
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

oc1

That's a really nice looking boat.  Much better then the squat and wide US made fishing kayaks.  It should be much faster.

Their web site shows a different style rudder system without the kick-up.

kmstorm64

Quote from: oc1 on June 23, 2021, 08:10:15 PM
That's a really nice looking boat.  Much better then the squat and wide US made fishing kayaks.  It should be much faster.

Their web site shows a different style rudder system without the kick-up.

The stock rudder is a fixed one.  As the shoreline here is mostly rock and barnacles, I opted for a rear retracting one. Makes loading, launching, and landing easier for me.
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

Jim Fujitani

Nice!  Have you taken it out on Puget Sound?  What is your PB on this yacht?

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Dominick

Quote from: Jim Fujitani on June 29, 2021, 04:35:13 PM
  What is your PB on this yacht?

Huh?  no using secret code on the site.   :)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Gfish

Personal best?
I own't see too many p/u's nowadays with just a small extended cab and only 2 doors, too bad you couldn't sell me that'n, I like Toyota's. Seems like alla new stuff nowadays is 4-door crew-cab with the corresponding  extra short bed.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!