Need help finding this part.

Started by Pier_Hopper, June 26, 2021, 08:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pier_Hopper

I am about to purchase an older international 50. However it is missing the little knob on the end of the drag adjustment lever and the lever is also bent inward. Where can I find these parts?

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Pier_Hopper

Its a Penn 112-50 eccentric knob. I cannot find one anywhere. Would anyone here happen to have one they would be willing to part with?

Aiala

Mystic lists it as no longer available.

However, if you're willing to pay through the nose:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303436651877?hash=item46a63bdd65:g:2mwAAOSwYIJeFSpJ

But it's the last one, so a rapid decision is warranted.  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Pier_Hopper

I saw that one on Ebay.. not sure its worth it..

foakes

Many of those Penn parts, and particularly for Internationals — are pricey because no one else has them anymore.

Justin Grob (fishgrain on our site and eBay) is a solid and honest seller with thousands of Penn parts.

He had this 112-50 for $68.

Shows out of stock — but knowing him, he may have another.

If not, let me know — I have some sources that should have it — but try Justin first

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Pier_Hopper

Msg'd him. Anyone else you could think of?

foakes

Yes, but they are private sources that I would need to contact directly.

Let's wait and see if Fishgrain (Justin) has the part, first.

And if anyone else on our site may have the part.

If not, I will try my sources for you.

Best, Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Pier_Hopper

Navidad Nutcase

part #112, 112A, and 113. the cap is the only piece still available. You can find them on ebay but sit down before you look at prices.  I have several of these old reels and unless you want them stock for ascetic reasons - you don't need those pieces. Mine work just fine without them.
great old reels for midsize game fish.
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

Navidad Nutcase

sorry this got posted out of order. when I saw this posting there was only one reply
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

alantani

someone with a machine shop needs to knock out about a hundred of these.  some originals are made of plastic and have to be replaced.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!