Stella 4000 bail

Started by Fishgolfman, June 29, 2021, 12:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishgolfman

Hi
After sage advice from posters. Plus Watching two You tube videos one on the stradic and bails and another by second chance tackle on bail spring types in spinning reels. Studying schematics. I was able to not only repair the bail but make it a lot smoother with Cal grease. Four things i learned the bail spring cannot be under load but in a neutral unloaded position, be sure the the bail side is on first and not too tight and the bail is not connected to the spring plate and also the bottom plate should be on to help hold spring seat. Push on gently,,,bingo. Tighten to allow no play check alignment of bail on each side to be sure its not bent (mine was which probably caused initial problem). Oh another bit of advice avoid Shimano service...they take your money and time and dont fix it.

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Fishgolfman on September 06, 2021, 03:49:01 PM
I give up. Re-assembled bail system. Still sticky. Anybody out there that can fix it in USA. Stella 4000 A/B.
Quote from: Fishgolfman on September 09, 2021, 11:22:44 AM
Hi
After sage advice from posters. Plus Watching two You tube videos one on the stradic and bails and another by second chance tackle on bail spring types in spinning reels. Studying schematics. I was able to not only repair the bail but make it a lot smoother with Cal grease. Four things i learned the bail spring cannot be under load but in a neutral unloaded position, be sure the the bail side is on first and not too tight and the bail is not connected to the spring plate and also the bottom plate should be on to help hold spring seat. Push on gently,,,bingo. Tighten to allow no play check alignment of bail on each side to be sure its not bent (mine was which probably caused initial problem). Oh another bit of advice avoid Shimano service...they take your money and time and dont fix it.
:)   Glad to read you were able to solve the problem .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Donnyboat

Yes I agree Shimano,?, big question mark, they need to get rid of that bloke that sent it back, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat