Looking for handle upgrade for my Sealine 300H

Started by Mrc70, June 29, 2021, 09:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrc70

Hello everyone. I have an excellent condition 300H with upgraded smoooooth drags and the faster 50H gears. Can anyone tell me where I can buy a better handle for this reel?  Not looking for a giant power handle, just something more ergonomic and comfortable.

Porthos

Quote from: Mrc70 on June 29, 2021, 09:58:49 PM
Hello everyone. I have an excellent condition 300H with upgraded smoooooth drags and the faster 50H gears. Can anyone tell me where I can buy a better handle for this reel?  Not looking for a giant power handle, just something more ergonomic and comfortable.

Are the two position holes of the factory arm sufficient? If so, you can just drill out the exist factory grip and install a new one. Suspect that what qualifies as "...just something more ergonomic and comfortable..." is subjective, and what may be suitable to one person is "Meh" to another. Have personally found Alan's tapered delron grips to be a very good upgrade without need to try out any other grip; got a 3/0 one on my 300H. I will probably be getting three of the 5/0 ones for my 600H's before this year's SOA charter.

There are no aftermarket handle arms with holes that will fit the exactly on the 300H...I've looked. If you know someone with access to the right machine shop, that may be a viable option for a custom one.

Mrc70

Thanks. I will take a look at what Alan has. I'm just no expert when it comes to "drilling " ...

Porthos

Quote from: Mrc70 on June 30, 2021, 03:51:52 AM
Thanks. I will take a look at what Alan has. I'm just no expert when it comes to "drilling " ...

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12785.0

Alan even includes pics on the process. I can attest it can be done with just a hand drill and a steady grip; a vise to hold the handle as shown is still needed; if the rivet is smooth, will need a "starter" indention in the center made with an awl and rubber mallet.

Mrc70