Lets See If This Works This Time? Well I Think We Have A Problem!

Started by SoCalAngler, July 05, 2021, 04:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

I'm not a reel Guru as I only work on my stuff plus family and friends gear. This was brought to me by my nephew, a kid he knows said it was broken.

SoCalAngler

Sorry I don't know how to post pics and then add more text. First never use any electric tape as a grip for your spectra. This is what will happen. Can you see the problem? Oh and yes all the tapes sticky stuff is gone, thats pitting

SoCalAngler

SoCalAngler

I was told the lever was stuck and thats for sure. Look here there someone tried to beat the leaver into submission.

SoCalAngler

Ok thats all for tonight. Ill post more when I have a better chance to dive in deeper. I bet this will be fun.

P.S. The plunger works fine to change from high to low, only the lever it stuck, with a ton of grinding while the reel is in freespool.

Want to do a friendly wager what we may find?

johndtuttle

SoCalAngler

Sorry John,

I added some stuff later. Do I need a bigger hammer?

wpc

My guess would be that you got a lot of saltwater inside the reel and your spool bearings and some other internal components are rusted. You won't know more till you open it up which is pretty simple. A few star bits on the right side and it should come apart.

steelfish

The Baja Guy

alantani

some of the accurates were having a problem.  if you push the lever too far forward, the lever locks in the "full" position.  to prevent that, they made a new cam.  if you take it apart and replace the cam, i'll bet that will take care of the problem!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Gfish

Must be a rich kid. Beating on an Accurate with a Hammer?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!