PENN BPS 209/309 Refurb

Started by jgp12000, January 19, 2022, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

Today I went to the local BPS in Macon,GA and found a refurb 209 and 309 for $20EA in the clearance center. I believe the Springfield location is the only other store with a clearance center.

thorhammer

Take that and run. the 24-66 handles are worth that. Cabelas used to have bargain cave but went away when BPS took over.

jgp12000

Yep Thor I might have to go get some more of them, some had been robbed of parts already,I had to move rod clamps to make these 2 complete.

jgp12000

I went back to BPS today got there when they opened, I took the reels I bought yesterday, and asked the man to put line on them. I headed straight back to the clearance center. I took all the 209s/309s I saw and placed in a cart and looked them over for missing parts/functionality. Then moved rod clamps to make complete,(brought my PENN wrench). I got 2 more 309s for my Destin buddies, and another 209 for myself. Then this lady brings out 6 more totes of PENN spinners to put on the table, I told her to stop, it was too much to take in. A huge table like 10x20 of reels a foot deep. She asked have you found one yet.... I said yes, all of them. It was overwhelming! I found a Battle 3 2000($40) for Crappie fishing, and got out of there before I get in the dog house...6 reels $430 retail , for $140. I saw Squalls for $70, but don't need one. Then I took the reels found today to be spooled up as well. The young man said he didn't mind at all doing it, kept him from getting bored.

thorhammer

holy crap. i'd have to take off running. I need a squall 15 or three