alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Fishing Tackle Swap Meets?
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
August 02, 2021, 06:50:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fishing Tackle Swap Meets?  (Read 799 times)
Wompus Cat
ENTREMANURE DAS GROSEN
Sensei

REEL WHISPERER

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2021, 11:40:03 PM »

Just Call BR549 !
Bring the Wife  We'll Dicker !

EVERYTHING TO EXCESS !
MODERATION IS FOR MONKS
foakes

Sierra National Forest

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2021, 12:21:41 AM »

I get folks who try the cash gimmick on me — or they say their wife won’t let them buy it for that much money right now.

For the cash chiselers — I generally raise the price $1000 on them after that sort of dishonest grinding stunt.  There is always another buyer — no worries.

For the guy who wants something and agrees to a price — then comes back saying that his wife won’t let him buy it — I tell him that is certainly a relief, because I really needed to ask my wife if it is OK to sell it to you!

I just laugh about the shenanigans some people try to pull when money is involved.

Best, Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

---------

EVERYTHING is available if I have it —

I’m not striving to be the guy with the most parts in the graveyard
PacRat
Firearms Group

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2021, 03:31:27 AM »

Reminds me of the time I was at a gun show and I heard someone ask,"How much for just the grips?" and the vendor answered,"$600 but you get a free pistol with them!"

-Mike
Wompus Cat
ENTREMANURE DAS GROSEN
Sensei

REEL WHISPERER

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2021, 11:01:54 AM »

I use to get  people who would say (I can get that from Joe Blows's for a lot less .) To which I would reply
good , Joe know's what his Crap is Worth . 

EVERYTHING TO EXCESS !
MODERATION IS FOR MONKS
foakes

Sierra National Forest

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2021, 05:44:37 PM »

It is important to remember —

While we may recall the wanna-be chiselers and cheats — the vast majority of buyers and sellers are extremely honest. 

90% of the time with the general public — fairness, trust, and solid transactions are in play.

On the Alan Tani site — it is 100%.

We can buy and sell our work, items, and our stuff — but our integrity is not for sale — and never will be.

Best, Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

---------

EVERYTHING is available if I have it —

I’m not striving to be the guy with the most parts in the graveyard
jgp12000
Firearms Group

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2021, 05:51:03 PM »

Another trick that got a friend of mine,while looking at a lot,the realtor gets a call.The realtor then tells my friend another couple is coming to put a deposit down in 30 minutes.This may have been true but I think it was a trick and he rushed into buying this lot he can't unload now,impulse buy.He kicks himself all the time about it.The way I look at it you can get deals but, if you don't feel peace about it or it doesn't work out for some reason, it wasn't meant to be.Now if I ran across a deal that's a no brainer even if I don't need it, I could sell it for a profit.I know the land was a larger sum of money than a reel,most of us would have to sleep on before buying. I generally discuss anything over $100 with my better half,unless it's for our grandchildren, she doesn't discuss it with me, she's the toy guru...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 11:16:52 AM by jgp12000 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: