A North Carolina man reeled in a record-setting 127.1-pound blue catfish

Started by El Pescador, July 14, 2021, 02:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

HOLY MOLY!!!!!

A 127 Lbs. Blue Catfish has been CAUGHT!!!!

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/north-carolina-man-reels-record-setting-127-pound-blue-catfish/Q2KN4GLNLRB35NXSJ2WYCDCXFI/

Man, MO - you need to travel to North Carolina and wet some line with ThorHammer!!!!

WOW!!!!   WHAT A MONSTER FISH!!!!

WOW!!!!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

oc1

Maxed Out

It swam off when they released it, but did it live or die ??

When I was a kid, we gutted a few catfish and noticed them still moving an hour later. So my buddy put one back in the lake and it swam away. I guess it lived on just cause it swam away LOL
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Wompus Cat

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

thorhammer

SE geography lesson: The Roanoke River starts up above Roanoke / Salem Virginia. Sound familiar? That where our boy Benni is. The river flows SE about 100 miles and merges with Dan / Stanton above Clarkesville, Va., to form Buggs Island (as it's known in Va.) / Kerr Lake (in NC). Kerr is a 39 miles long, 100 feet deep or so reservoir with 50k surface acres and 900 miles of shoreline. The WR Blue cat was caught there about ten years ago- 143 lbs. It's also where I was born and still spend weekends striper fishing. The Kerr Dam separates Kerr from Lake Gaston, traversing the border, which is where the previous NC record was caught (121) a couple years ago (maybe last year). Below Gaston is tiny Roanoke Rapids Lake; past that dam, it is straight Roanoke River all the way to the coast. Weldon, on the Roanoke, not too far from Wayne's posted catch, is a world-renowned rockfish destination in April -May for the spawning run. I keep wanting Benito to float me some troutzes downstream but maybe these cats are eating them....

Anecdotally, I call Bud Light's "Blue Cats". They are blue, and I don't want to put any in my mouth, but i would if I had to.  ;D ;D ;D

thorhammer

Ted, most likely the fish is fine, if it didn't build up too much lactic acid in the fight. I've seen them live in a cooler for a couple days that had a lid missing and they got rained on enough to keep them going (not my $ht show, but I saw it).

mo65

That's a big kitty indeed! Virginia's rivers continue to turn out record breaking blue cats. I haven't fished the Roanoke yet...fished the James a few times...always a fantastic time. Thanks for posting Wayne! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~