penn 706z mistakes

Started by quabbin boy 62, July 18, 2021, 03:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quabbin boy 62

bought a 706z about a month and a half ago, was getting a scraping sound from the line roller. took it out, bearing was silent, looking closely at the rotor arm, the hole for the roller stud was off center, (1/16th inch) allowing the roller to scrape the side of the recess a bit. sent the reel to penn, they replaced the rotor cup and shipped it back in 12 days. neat! so, since i really like these reels, i ordered one from west marine, since they were the only place i could find with any in stock. this one is almost perfect, just has a 704z decal on the side plate. it's more funny than it is a problem. i'll get one from mystic next time i order from them. is penn getting a little "off" down there in philly, or it just me? could be me, i'm a little off center to start with  :)

philaroman

Quote from: quabbin boy 62 on July 18, 2021, 03:40:10 PMis penn getting a little "off" down there in philly
EVERYTHING IS

handi2

The two I have are two bearing reels. One on the pinion and one on the main gear shaft.

The line roller bearing is expensive. The inner race is longer than the outer.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

quabbin boy 62

not sure which i have, haven't had them apart yet, i'll check that this winter. these should last as long as my 710z, which i bought in about 1982, still fish for smallmouth with it, still love it.