Nickel Silver Tarnish/Corrosion

Started by Paul Roberts, July 19, 2021, 04:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oc1

Putting the clutch lever on backwards must be a fad.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: oc1 on July 22, 2021, 05:17:05 AM

Au contraire mon ami. The Lever of which you speak is not only installed correctly it will only fit on this way on the  Model I posted . It might work both ways on Paul Roberts Reel  .
One could I guess Straighten the Loop on the Lever where it would work but aesthetically it would look like a Hat full of Sphincter Sphere's.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Paul Roberts

Again, I didn't notice the FS lever! Here's another, an Oceanic. Pre-patent perhaps? Took them awhile to perfect it? :D
(Patent reference came from Steve Vernon at ORCA.)

Rancanfish

Good info to know about the #0000 steel wool.  Nickel must be pretty soft to be affected by it.  I use it for shiny chrome all the time with no issue.

I'm constantly warning my wife not to use the Miracle sponge on certain items.  Seems harmless but various shiny surfaces can end up with micro scratches.  It is basically smooth, superfine flexible sandpaper.

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Paul Roberts on July 22, 2021, 03:27:13 PM
Again, I didn't notice the FS lever! Here's another, an Oceanic. Pre-patent perhaps? Took them awhile to perfect it? :D
(Patent reference came from Steve Vernon at ORCA.)

There should be patent dates on the side plate of the reel you posted and prob will be around 1934-36.

The patent you posted is a patent for the Lever .

The Levers like that made no diff which way you installed .However the looped levers
Pflueger used were the same part so the on 200 yard Reel's you could essentially install the Loop in or
out . However on the 400 yard Reels like I posted the Lever was too short and Had to be installed with the Loop Facing outward. Hope this clears up some differences on the position of the Lever . ;D

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Paul Roberts

Yes, the patent is for the looped lever. The joke was that the straight one was an early design iteration, the loop not yet perfected. At least I got a chuckle. :D

blad

Looks like you did a good job though.