Time to Build a Few Reels

Started by foakes, July 21, 2021, 06:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Got some parts from Tom — owner of Cortez Conversions.

And Randy — owner of Vintage Offshore Taclkle.

About time to put these together.

Will end up with —

146 Squidder Jr.
500 JM
501 JM
505 JM
506 JM
20/0 Senator

Got most of what I need — however, I'll need to source a few parts — but with the help from some of our members, that won't be an issue.

The 20/0 had over 3 1/2 minutes of free-spool with no line — and just a hand spin.

These products from Tom at Cortez — and Randy at Vintage Offshore — are perfect in every respect.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Gfish

Let us know. From memory, I only have; different size Penn screws, yolk & springs, eccentric & springs, maybe an e. jack, and some different size c-Tex washers and some 98-60 size spring washers(all new parts). Hard for me to put new stuff into an old rebuild, when my used stuff still works.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

PacRat

I like the green and red knobs. Are those from Sal? They're going to look great on those reels.

-Mike

foakes

Red crank was a gift from Sal —

Green was a gift from Lou —

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

PacRat

I miss both those gentlemen a lot. I hope Lou is doing well wherever he is these days.

-Mike

Rothmar2

Quote from: PacRat on July 21, 2021, 07:53:10 PM
I miss both those gentlemen a lot. I hope Lou is doing well wherever he is these days.

-Mike

x2 on this sentiment.

mhc

It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.