While you were sleeping 💤

Started by gstours, July 22, 2021, 05:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

We went for a walk on our little beach yesterday and found some fresh brown bear tracks.
    Wish you were here to see these.    Thought someone might enjoy the pictures.....🤷‍♂️

broadway

So cool and ominous at the same time.
You be careful out there.
Best,
Dom

thorhammer

glad the Buttman tracks are behind, not in front!!!!!

El Pescador

Gary!!!

HOLY MOLY!!!!  That's A GRIZ (Brown Bear)!!!!!

That beach is 3/4 of a mile from your home, BE CAREFUL!!!

ME???  If I were walking on that beach and saw those tracks, my head would be spinning around on my shoulders like the Exorcist !!!!

Over the years I've flushed up dozens of California Black Bears on my backwood travels, BUTT an Alaskan Brown Bear....  That's a GAME CHANGER!!!!!   My suggestion, a .454 Casull revolver - I'd feel better!!!!!

Stay safe

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Gobi King

Could it be a very well fed house cat?  ;D
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

gstours

Here's where we lost all track of the Bruin. ;)
   A week earlier we were picking wild strawberries 🍓 and my wife, Mary jo got a funny feeling that she was being watched.   Approximately 5 yards away a 3 yr old browny stood up and just watched her as she slowly backed away.    With no camera or firearm,  it's just another story.    Except to her. ;)
  Wish you could have been there.    We left the area,  just saying.

Gfish

Kinda scary, how far the claw marks are from the paw pads. "Freddy Kruger—" like claws.
They got lots to eat besides human food/garbage, or humans, thankfully.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

theswimmer

There is a reason God invented the .45-70 .
I've backtracked more than once up the hill , out on a mountain  bike ride and found big kitty paw prints in in my tire tracks .
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Dominick

Yikes, I didn't know God lived at the Springfield Armory.  Amazing what we learn on this site.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

That is a large and heavy Brown, Gary — judging by the width of the pad prints, toes, and the track depth.

Please be careful Gary — these Browns and their inland cousins, the Grizzlies — are unpredictable by nature, unlike the Black Bears we have down here.  But you already know that...

In the mid 70's, I started doing some North American Big Game hunting.

I needed a back-up firearm for predator hunting in primarily Northern BC.

So I picked up a a Marlin lever action with iron sights chambered in .444.

It is overkill with most species — so I prefer my pre-64 Model 70 in .270 — or my REM. 30.06.

The .444 was always a back-up in close situations.

I haven't hunted for over 25 years now — but I obviously respect the animals and the sport — and if ever needed, would take a deer for food if necessary — or kill an animal when necessary for protecting others and myself.

Instead, I prefer to fish — buy my meat from the grocery store — and enjoy Nature.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

QuoteWish you could have been there.    We left the area,  just saying.

If I would have been her you would have been able to find me easily by following my poop trail:D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)