Canning Season

Started by Maxed Out, July 08, 2021, 10:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Hello everyone, its that time of year again(my short fishing season) and I've heard rumor that canning supplies are scarce again this year.

I'll be using strictly retort bags this year, and have 500 in my cupboard ready to go ! Hope everyone finds what they need. I haven't shopped for jars or lids, so not sure about how stocked our local stores are. If it's anything like last year, I recommend you get your supplies now. It only gets worse by late summer. If you know good places to find canning supplies in your area, please post it here for other members who may be searching

WAYNE !! I can look for lids for you if you are still looking

-Ted

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

El Pescador

Ted Thanks for asking,

Now that we mostly POST COVID, pint jars - wide mouth with bands and lids are available on Amazon, and here locally at Target stores, and I'll buy a case or 2 when they show on the shelves.

BUTT, The gentleman that is Randy Pauly, pulled a surprise on me!!!

During our BUSTED Morro Bay trip in April of this year,

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=33075.msg388672#msg388672

During lunch, I told Randy I would send him a couple of jars of the Portuguese Style canned Albacore tuna, and was complaining about the LACK OF PINT JARS - WIDE MOUTH.

a week later, a box arrives with no label from where it was sent,  when I opened it....

TWO CASES of PINT Wide Mouth jars!!!!   WHAT a sweetie!!!!     Randy you are REEELY the best!!!!   Thank you Sir.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

My pleasure Wayne, but you forgot to mention that you bought a delicious lunch for everyone at Taco Temple, and then spent a lot of money shipping those jars of tuna, that you undoubtedly went through a lot of effort to acquire, cook and can.  I think that I came out way ahead on the deal, so thank you!

Randy

witty1

Ooo Retort bags!
My local Ace hardware had a pile of pint and quart jars the other week... after last year, I think they went all out in stocking up for the increased demand... funny enough. They didn't have any lids though...
( I live on Whidbey Is )