Ready to go fishing

Started by Maxed Out, July 23, 2021, 04:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobi King

Nice sharp blades on the mower 👍
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Donnyboat

You have your name, back the front, should be, detail to the Max, love it, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Maxed Out

It has been tough fishing this king salmon season in Puget sound. Lots of jellyfish and dogfish, and also immature kings. It just makes me fish harder and smarter. We've managed to bonk several over the last 3 weeks. I had to stop fishing for a few days so I could get caught up at home. Managed to get a few batches smoked and into the deep freeze. Sorry for lack of on the water pics. I always forget to bring a digital camera. Cant post pics from my phone. Here's a pic of first fish on opening morning. It scaled out just over 16#. In the pic it was bleeding out in the scupper to keep the bloody mess to a minimum
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mo65

Keep 'em comin' Ted! I know what ya mean about it being tough...I just spent two nights on the Ohio River and never caught a fish! The bite has been very slow. They had a 30 boat catfish tournament and only four boats weighed fish!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

bluefish69

Ted

What lure did you catch it on? I need pictures your lures on the West Coast have different names than ours on the East Coast. I might have something to help?

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Crow

Some good eatin' there, Ted !

Fishing's pretty poor here, too, Mo ! River is "beyond" low....
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Maxed Out

Hi Mike, We mostly use salmon flies, or hootchies, and trolled behind a 12" flasher. Depths we troll are anywhere from 60' to 200'

We are fishing just a few miles north of the metropolis(Seattle). No shortage of boats trying to catch the same fish. These king salmon are nearing the river they were born in and a lot of them are not eating. That just adds to the challenge.

Our good area is closed now, so on we go to the only area left open. This morning we got 1 about 15# and had to quit early to beat low tide at the launch.

Back home now and life is good, cause I got me some bagels, whipped cream cheese, and smoked salmon. I do enjoy sharing, but since none of you are here, I can only share a pic. Yep, I'm in heaven
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

handi2

Very nice Ted,

I had Salmon last night too. Fresh from Publix supermarket!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL