Hello from WV.

Started by Retired lathe man, July 24, 2021, 07:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Welcome, Dominick, San Mateo, California
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Retired lathe man

Alantani, The PN for the drag knob is 52-716Z,the spool is PN 47-420.  Correct me if I'm wrong
Condition of the internals still being evaluated.The reel appears to have spent it's life in a box.
It looks brand new with little evidence of hard use or any use for that matter.
I also have a 9500SS that I have fished  hard but not abused that i'm going to overhaul and upgrade next.
It looks like parts for it are still more readily available.
The 9500SS is a workhorse!
Thanks RLM

Midway Tommy

Man those 716/420 drag knobs are tough to find, and quite expensive when you do.  :o Same with the 420SS complete spool. It's a shame Penn quit making replacement parts for those. Seems like that black plastic has a tendency to crack.  :(
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

Got a couple of these, RLM —

If Alan doesn't have any...

Here is a COMPLETE snap-on spool, NIB — with knob, full assembly, and spool arbor.

Here also is a new black knob.

$45 for the spool, $15 for the knob.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Retired lathe man

Foakes,thank you for your kind offer.

I'm new to the forum and not sure about buying etiquette but if I'm not stepping on any ones toes I will take both items.
This will put this reel back in service.
Once again a quality Penn  product being put back to work.
I'll send you an Email.
Something else you guys, I've been a member of this forum for all of 1 day and you guys have welcomed me and supplied
near impossible to find replacement parts like I have been here for 20 years.
This forum is a blessing to me and the whole fishing community.
RLM

foakes

Thanks, Gordon —

Got your mailing information — and will send out tomorrow via Priority Mail with tracking.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

You are in the right place Gordon.
Welcome!
Life is Good!

Sharkb8

Welcome RLM from south Australia

Kim

quabbin boy 62

welcome from new england!

thorhammer

Welcome from NC- if you're gonna fish OBX for trout and drum, you picked two really good reels to do it with. It's what i use...

John

mo65

15 bucks for that knob is a great deal...I paid $25 for one years ago. Welcome aboard RLM! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

foakes

Spool & Separate drag cap in the mail today, Gordon —

Have tracking # if needed.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

Retired lathe man

Thanks Fred,Pmt. heading your way.

Retired lathe man

mo65,yes I got a great deal and appreciate it.
I think we are getting to the point some of these parts may become impossible to find.
If it wasn't for Fred I don't think I would have found one.
I think one made from cast nylon with a threaded insert would last forever.
RLM

Retired lathe man

Foakes,package arrived today and I could not be more pleased!
Let me know when my letter reaches you.
I will spool up with 6# line for sea trout using a Bucktail or a white grub and add a
30# shock leader for Bluefish and Spanish Mackerel on the pier using a Gotcha Plug and if I get lucky maybe connect
with a False Albacore.
Thanks again.
RLM