new Sealine 30h gear sleeve with 50h handle

Started by jigmaster501, August 25, 2021, 06:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jigmaster501

Hey everyone,

Been crazy the past year for me and I don't remember if I posted this or not.

I was thinking if we could get enough people, we could get Tom to make us stainless gear sleeves for the 27h, 47h, 30h, 30sh, 170, 170H, and 170SMF that can fit a 50H handle. This way we don't have to file handles, we can just get a 50h, 300h, 350h, handle and use it.

It would likely need a big cap nut like a Newell to cover the c-clip.

How many can we get???

I am good for 10.

Eugene

Cortez_Conversions

Let me know if it pans out Eugene and I'll add it to the list!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Gfish

I'd be good for 2. A 27H and a 30SH. I settled for a power knob on my 30SH handle, but still have that short stock handle. Not really that good with 5:1 gears.
That stupid plastic nut cap splits too easily.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Porthos

IMHO, none of those reels should exceed 16.66 lbs max drag, i.e., a 50lb setup max given spool capacity. My 170H is designated one notch below in the 40lb slot. Would seem SS gear sleeves maybe overkill and more labor intensive to produce than say power handle arms with the correct sized holes.

On all of my modded Daiwa Sealines, I've also drilled out the Daiwa factory handle knobs for bigger power knobs, so just the arms would make more sense...

El Pescador

SS Gear Sleeves and/or new Power Handles, I'm IN FOR EITHER.

ANYTHING to upgrade the WAY TOO SHORT stock handles.  Using the stock handles leave you breathless like a humped-over squirrel!!!!

My Sealine 27H, 27SH, and 30H would appreciate it very much.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Rancanfish

Nice visual Wayne, I laughed.  Good thing I'm in a room by myself in this B&B.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Porthos

Arm handles for just the 27H up to the 400H/450H would be ideal.

The 600H and 900H can use 116H handles so plenty of options there already exist.

Gfish

One thing I'd like to do is keep the plastic nut cover on whatever handle I end-up with. Need that threaded hole for the keeper screw to be in the right spot, though. A metal nut cover would be great. There's stuff that's godda protected up there, which is why I went back to the original Daiwa handle from a longer modified Penn.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

jigmaster501

I was thinking if the gear sleeve was cut for a 50h handle, we could have a newell style nut covering the c-clip and holding the handle on.