What’s your opinion….scam or not?

Started by Bill B, July 27, 2021, 06:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Found this ad on a local digital classified for an online seller.  The address does not exist in Las Vegas, can't find their corporate HQ in China, and the telephone area code checks out in Alabama....but hey the offer free shipping for orders over $50.....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. If I was a gambling man, I would roll those dice, and probably get snake eyes 😆. Bill

Or you could buy these Avets and double your trouble.....
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Wompus Cat

I use whois.com to check their origin /Date  then go to
https://www.islegitsite.com/check/recgia.com/
to find more info .

This site is only 10 months old so is suspect to me right there.
There are numerous SCAMMERS that go to a HELL of a lot of trouble to decieve and it REELY gets bad around Thanksgiving and Christmas Time.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Bill B

For giggles I went back to the classifieds and all their ads are gone....shucks....was hoping on using them on a long range trip.....I wonder how many fell for that and pulled the trigger......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

philaroman

how much was the bridge?  
not, Penn bridge -- Brooklyn Bridge  ;D
so you don't need to cast, or buy a boat  ::)

Brewcrafter

The other tipoff being not just "too good" pricing, but really "odd" pricing.  Possibly generated by a Bot but what human is going to throw on a price that that is not ".99" or something semi "even". - john

Cor

Cornelis

nelz

Wow, they have a brand new Calcutta CONquest 400 for $65. Lemme rush and give them my credit card and personal data! NOT!!!!   ::)

Gfish

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on July 27, 2021, 07:30:58 PM
For giggles I went back to the classifieds and all their ads are gone....shucks....was hoping on using them on a long range trip.....I wonder how many fell for that and pulled the trigger......Bill

Prolly skipped town. A scam tactic. They may show-up somewhere else with different contact info.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Dominick

I checked the owners of the site.  They are legitimate but had to move to Nigeria.  Wait until they settle down in Nigeria.  In the mean time send your money to me.  Make the check out to the Dominick Hawaii Condo Fund.  It is tax deductible also.   ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Gobi King

overseas scam, you will never get anything.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan