August 2, Santa Barbara fishing on the Stardust

Started by Bill B, July 29, 2021, 04:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

I will be taking my wife, a friend and his wife fishing Monday, August 2, on the Stardust out of Santa Barbara.  All 3 are new to fishing so I know I will have my hands full.  (I'm sure I could use some help 😬) Come on down and join us if you have the hankering to catch some fish.....and help me....please.....help me.....😝......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Brewcrafter

Bill - I'd love to go but since I just got back from PacNW with Maxed Out Ted, SWMBO gave me a hard "No!".  But if you need some gear I'm more than happy, depending on my work schedule: I work from home on Friday and if you want to swing by, let me know what you might need and if it's here it's going with you. - john

Bill B

Thanks John....have the gear covered....gonna spool up a couple 320GTI for the women to use....I think I'm gonna be doing more baiting than fishing....but that's OK.....taking them fishing and THEM having a good time is the most important part.  Will be tying a bunch of dropper loops this weekend to make things easier.....Bill

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I wish that I could go with you Bill, but I am leaving for Sitka on Saturday.  I hope that you have a great trip.  The Stardust is a first class operation.

Randy

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jim Fujitani

Bill B

Will do.  We are going up the night before to save a 3 hr drive in the am.  The Stardust has a great crew and I'm sure everyone will have a good time.  Just going to make sure everyone is doped up on Dramamine.  I will give everyone some quick instructions at the house and a "what to expect" speech before we leave.  They seem really excited.  Bill

Swami805

I'm in Bill, see you at the harbor. If you need any gear holler!  I can bring an extra slow pitch set up if you want to give it a spin
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bill B

Sheridan that would be great, I would like to try the slow pitch...thank you.  Bill

Bill B

The gangs all here.....left to right....my wife Lee, me, Debbie and Paul.....BBQing at the homestead and will be headed to Santa Barbara tomorrow to spend the night before the trip.....good time with old friends.....Bill

sabaman1

JIM

Brewcrafter

Good luck!  I think you are all in for a great trip!  Conditions at Buoy 46503 look pretty typical; looking forward to hearing some great stories and pictures!!!! - john

Swami805

Looks like the wind will lay down on Monday until the afternoon then pick back up to a small craft advisory. Should be good!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

thorhammer

steelfish

sooooo.

how it was the fishing day?
I mean, any fishing day is great but where are the pics and report?
The Baja Guy