Penn 8500ss parts

Started by reel bob, August 01, 2021, 03:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reel bob

I have a old timers 8500ss reel that needs parts, mainly the ratchet and dogs... possibly the rotor (ratchet is very sloppy on the rotor), it's just not working right. Anyone have any spare parts available, or can send me to someone who does? Thanx

10-750
4-750
4a-750
27-850

foakes

Probably have all of those parts at my shop, Bob —

If no one else has them handy — I'll be back home sometime mid or late today — and will be glad to check for you then.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

reel bob

Thanx Fred, looking to hear back on what you have

foakes

Will do, Bob —

Have been up in Merced for 3 days — sister-in-law needed help from Sue and I after a major medical operation for a recuperation period.

I did a laundry list of Honey-Do's around Carole's house yesterday and Friday — just got one more to do today — then Sue will stay here for a week or two — as I go back to take care of our home front later today.

Best, Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Hi Bob —

Have the (4) NOS parts — dog, silent dog, ratchet wheel, rotor.

They are new.

$25 + $8 shipping.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.