Smoked brisket on the Big Green Egg

Started by Long Enuff, August 01, 2021, 05:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long Enuff

My brother was coming up for a visit and I was wanting to cook up something special. I started with a 12 pound brisket, slathered it in yellow mustard and rubbed with a 50/50 mix of Kosher salt and coarse ground pepper. Took the Egg up to 350 degrees and put on the meat then adjusted the temp down to 275.  Six and half hours later, when the internal meat temp was at 180 degrees, I pulled it off and wrapped with heavy duty aluminum foil.  Then it went back on the grill still at 275, until the internal meat temp reached 202 degrees, about 2 more hours. At that point, I pulled it off still in the foil, wrapped in a towel and place in an empty plastic cooler for a couple more hours. It turned out perfect.

The Kitchen

After about 5 1/2 hour

Dinner is served

Wompus Cat

I happen to KNOW about Brisket Cookin and that is PERFECTION my Friend !!!
You get 2500 + Attaboy's on that.
  I Was on the  BBQ Circuit for 10 years and a Judge in 4 or five competitions .

My Computer Screen has a nice Smoke Ring just lookin at that.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Long Enuff

Thank you for the positive feedback Wompus. Since that was my first attempt, I hope I can keep the bar high on the next one.

jgp12000

my comment is...

thorhammer

Nice work, Bill! Where you been hiding?

Long Enuff

Thor, not hiding, but busy with a couple of new pups we picked up in Tennessee a little over a month ago.  Our 14 year old Lucy passed over a year ago and I swore that would be it for dogs. That didn't pan out, so now we have two, a goldendoodle and and a bernedoodle. The golden is a hybrid between a golden retriever and poodle, the berne is a mix with a bernese mountain dog dog and poodle. They are both hypo-allergenic and don't shed.  Meet the Mazie (golden) and Luna (black).

johndtuttle

Brewcrafter

Bill - You get a pass from me as one wise individual.  Absolutely kills it making brisket (I still struggle) and makes the wise choice after proclaiming not getting another dog - go and get two!!!!!  Those are some beautiful looking pups!!!!!!! - john

jgp12000

My second cousin married Myron Mixon's daughter,He got him to sign my cookbook.There was some good eatin' at the reception.Your brisket looks perfect, nice bark,juicy,I can literally taste it!

Wompus Cat

I used Hickory in my Lil Offset Smoker back in the Day usually 20 plus hours of Slow pampered Lot's of Beer Consumption attention. But somehow they always came out GOOD.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Dominick

Wow!  Great looking meat and great looking dogs.  You are a lucky man.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Maxed Out

Gee whiz Henry, you have meals on wheels. Nice setup

Bill, that brisket looks amazing !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

oc1

Look at the diamond plate.  It's a Texas thing.

Maxed Out

Quote from: oc1 on August 09, 2021, 12:54:59 AM
Look at the diamond plate.  It's a Texas thing.

Good eye Steve, I also notice a secret distillery in bottom right of pic. I see it dripping into the White bucket
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!