Avet EXW30/3 and Bellevillle Washers

Started by reelHack, August 11, 2021, 03:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reelHack

Hello everyone, first post here.  What a great forum and resource.  I am a rookie to reel servicing and therefore prone to rookie mistakes.  Well, I made one.  I took apart my Avet EXW30 3-speed to clean it after a recent trip.  Normally I'm pretty good about keeping track of all the parts and placing them in order so I know where they go when I reassemble everything.  This time I got a little complacent and didn't keep everything in order on my desk.  I also got distracted and didn't get back to reassembling the reel until the next day, which was plenty of time for my aging brain to forget some details.

Bottom line, I reassembled the reel and then discovered there were two Belleville washers left over, and I had no recollection of where they belong.  I remembered they were in this orientation...(), but no idea where to put them.  I looked up the schematic and found the Belleville washers on it, and it appears they belong on the spool shaft on the right side of the reel between the pinion gears and the pinion bearing.  But when I place them there and reassemble the reel it has zero free spool.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  Any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks.

gstours

I'm recollect,  the Belleville's go on the other side, before the spool bearing,   Try this,  not on the gear side of the reel.   Just saying.   🎣🤷‍♂️

alantani

the bellevilles are key #28 something is out of sequence.  the answer is in there, somewhere.  keep trying and let us know. 

https://www.avetreels.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/4708e5_8d560dd0f58d4e829d83732e68f68bd9.pdf
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

reelHack

I figured it out, and I'm a little embarrassed to say that the problem was.  The bellevilles go exactly where the schematic shows them.  My problem was that I somehow managed to turn the drag present knob all the way down and was getting no free spool when I reassembled the reel.  When I loosened the knob all the way and put it together again, everything clicked into place and the spool moved freely.  Big relief.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, guys.