narrowed Langley Target

Started by oc1, October 07, 2021, 11:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oc1

narrowed Langley Target

Paul Roberts

Wow! How was the spool shaft modified, or made?

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Swami805

That came out nice,should fish just fine.  I like the diamond wrap on the cord handle, pretty trick.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Gfish

Cool! More mad skills.
What's the shaft in the 2nd to the last picture?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Midway Tommy

Interesting, Steve. Any purpose behind it, or was just because you wanted to?
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Crow

Good job, Steve ! You never cease to amaze me !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

steelfish

considering the prices of the XXN kits by tiburon, no wonder why Steve made his own !!  ;D ;D

joking aside, thats an amazing job, I also noticed the diamond cord wrap on the other rod amazing as well
The Baja Guy

oc1

Paul, the spool shaft is hardened steel that is pressed into the aluminum spool flanges.  I twisted it out, cut it shorter and turned a new spindle.  The flanges were hammered to restore the hole to original size and the shaft was pressed back in.

The original aluminum spool arbor is pressed and peened to the aluminum flanges with the little slots an tabs.  I just shortened the arbor, cut new tabs and pressed/peened them back in place.

Gregg, two aluminum stand posts and two fore/aft posts had to be either cut down and re-tapped or turned from scratch.

Tommy, it still holds all the line I need (110 yards of 20# spectra) in a more compact size that palms better and is easier to lay line..

Sheradin and Alex, the cord wrap uses Ashaway-type braided nylon seine twint.  It is available in various diameters.  The original green turns almost black when varnished.

Paul Roberts