Learning to service my own reels

Started by smazzola, August 15, 2021, 07:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smazzola

I'm new to the site and learning how to navigate my way through. I live in Oregon, retired 4 years ago, I've just finished serving my last fishing reel (12) of them and once I get recovered from rotator cuff surgery, I plan on getting busy doing some salt water fishing. Thanks to you all of you that share your expertise here. Steve
😄

Wompus Cat

Welcome from Central Texas . Hope you have a Speedy Recovery .
What kind of Reels you servicing ?
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

welcome!  anything you need, please let us know!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

happyhooker

ClintB

Welcome from a fellow retired Oregonian!

Brewcrafter

Welcome Steve from the SoCal Inland Empire! - john

Midway Tommy

Welcome! There's lots of useful information here and lots of guys willing to offer a helping suggestion. If you run into a snag don't be afraid to ask.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Benni3

Welcome from salem va,,and what kind of reels are working on,,,,,,,,,, ;D

Sharkb8

JasonGotaProblem

Welcome from sunny Florida! Sadly I know rotator cuff inuries well. Don't slack on your exercises and you'll be out there slaying it before you realize it.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

steelhead_killer

Enjoy the journey! 

Andy in Idaho!
><)))">

Bill B

Good to have you here Steve.....Bill, retired in the SoCal mountains
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

smazzola

Penn 113 4/0 black sided, I've had it since a teenager and never have put it in the salt. After taking it apart cleaning and fresh reel lubricants it works awesome. I did order a new drag set for it from mystic parts, thinking when I get in a more of a recovery stage from the shoulder surgery, I would take it apart & update the drag. I really need to find a 🐠 that would be a match for this reel off the Oregon coast. Halibut?  I'll have to do it from a part boat, as my 16 ft boat works good in lakes and I have no experience navigating a boat in the big water.  :)
😄