An excessive customer!

Started by gstours, August 17, 2021, 02:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

As promised another clip was readied for you all to watch of a fun day we had a little while back.    I got an invitation to fish with Ken on his boat and jumped on getting ready. :o Anchored fishing on a slope with some small ebbing tides seemed like a pruductive way to spend a morning.
  Ken likes these Kodiak lead jigs for some reason.    You will see why below.    Ive cloned some butt they arent producing for me.
      Theres something about these jigs and i,m just the messenger here.   
Earlier this day we released a fairly large halibut,  and this one was quite abit larger.   So just saying,  watch some fun. ;)

foakes

Nice work, Gary —

How heavy would you estimate the big Butt was?

Best Always,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

David Hall

I have to say halibut fishing here is nowhere near as dangerous. Sure is nice looking water to fish.

gstours

Thanks for the question,  the fish was over six feet long and I'm guess ing about 300 pounds.  It's the largest fish we have ever got to the boat.   Ken loves those kodiak jigs.    I just cannot figure them out?
   Butt he always has a strip of bait tied on with my elastic string.😼