Pacific Queen trip reports...A trip of many firsts!

Started by pjstevko, August 21, 2021, 03:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogan

PJ, That was an excellent trip and a fantastic write-up. Any standouts with your gear? I know you have been building up your gear for last couple years...

Alan Matsuno

Quote from: Crab Pot on August 23, 2021, 10:00:02 PM
Trolling

Out of curiosity: why not?

Captains call?

Depends on the species of fish.  Sometimes the boats will troll, but the attraction of San Diego is live bait fishing.  The boats have electronics and live bait, the species targeted respond to live bait over vs trolling.

pjstevko

Quote from: rogan on August 24, 2021, 03:11:52 AM
PJ, That was an excellent trip and a fantastic write-up. Any standouts with your gear? I know you have been building up your gear for last couple years...

Yeah, I actually broke in 3 new reels on this trip but the one I'm really impressed with is my new 25-30# reel.... The Fathom 15ld2!

It's spooled with 40# braid and holds a ton of line which is great when you need to scale down for a finicky bft bite. I landed numerous YT up to 30# and at least one 65# bft on this trip with the reel.

stoked4fishin

MarkT

When I have a new rig and it catches its first fish, I rub a little of its blood on both the rod and reel. Hey, it's better than eating the heart!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Benni3

Quote from: MarkT on August 30, 2021, 12:07:36 AM
When I have a new rig and it catches its first fish, I rub a little of its blood on both the rod and reel. Hey, it's better than eating the heart!

Or the cat might want a bite,,,,,, ;D

Maxed Out

Back to back trips....you're an animal !!

Thanks for taking us along for the ride

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Hardy Boy

Its nice when a plan comes together ................................. twice !! Nice work.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd