Sad news from across the pond. Chris Rush, Tiddlerbasher, just passed away.

Started by alantani, July 30, 2021, 05:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

To ALL Who Have Seen These Presence, Greetings!
Know ye, that today we send our shipmate and brother Across the Bar!
All Ye who hold Chris Rush as brother and shipmate:
STAND TALL AND RAISE YOUR CHARGER, a shipmate is crossing the bar.

Sunset and evening star
   And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
   When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
   Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
   Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
   And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
   When I embark;

For though from out our bourne of Time and Place
   The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
   When I have crossed the bar.

Until we meet you across the bar to meet the Pilot,
Fair Winds, Following Seas and Rest Easy your Oars!!

FTC (SS) Jones, Ronald L US Navy (Retired)
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

oc1

Dominick

I just returned from a trip to this news.  So sorry to hear this.  My condolences to the family.  He will be missed.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

El Pescador

I received an email from Doonyboat from western AU this morning, Alan granted permission to post,

and our warmest condolences and most sincere sympathy to Chris's wife and family,   from Wayne and Jennifer

Aug. 5, 2021

Thank you very much Don.  Alan has allowed me access to the site and it is something I will do when I can.

I know how important the Ohana was to Chris it was a community of like-minded people across the world that he enjoyed very much.

Luckily we had a few days away the week before he died so I have some good memories.   

He died of "unmanaged hypertension" basically he had high blood pressure but didn't check it at all! Hence he had a fatal bleed on the brain. It was relatively quick and he died at home. Hard for me but I have many friends providing unending support.

Take care and best wishes

Yvonne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

redsetta

Really sorry to hear about Chris' passing.
My deepest condolences to Yvonne and family.
Regards, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

broadway

Sad...Another solid member of our family sitting beside Sal, George, Ray, Brian, and others from our Ohana who have passed on to fish the eternal ocean in the sky.
Chris, you will be missed but not forgotten.
Yvonne,  thank  you for sharing Chris with us.
RIP brother Chris!
Warm regards,
Dom

Maxed Out

Very saddened to hear this. I enjoyed reading his postings.  Sincere condolences to all his loved ones

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Donnyboat

Thank you Wayne for posting Yvonne`s message, It explains to all, the neserty of regular medical check up, a learning cerve to us all, a good man who will be really missed, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Rothmar2

Have only just seen this, and am shocked, and saddened by this. Chris certainly has had an influence on me with what he has shared with us all. Coupled that with his positivity to others, he will be missed for sure.

Condolences to Yvonne and family.