coho at Icy Bay Lodge, AK Sept 4 - 11, 2021

Started by ksong, August 30, 2021, 05:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksong

Our Black Hole USA staff, Jane, Esther and myself are going to the Icy Bay Lodge, AK for coho salmon from Sept 5 to Sept 11.
We are going to test new 8', 8'6", 9'. 9'6" Black Hole Suzuki II Ultra Light rods for coho and take pictures and videos.
We heard coho are already in the bays and rivers.

ksong

on the wat to Yakutat

David Hall

Hope you have a great time and get into some good fish.

ksong

We arrived at the lodge.
Salmon are already in the rivers as water level is pretty high.
Guys who fished the river reported excellent fishing.
Bear are very close to the lodge. Guys who fished river reported bear were the other side of the river. I got to bring bear spray. :)

Hardy Boy

Have fun. Those look like some nice coho. Bears just add to the experience.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Gfish

Wow, beautiful pictures. No need for a rifleman while you are out & about there, huh? The bears might used to people and have plenty of fish to eat...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

ksong

Guides have rifles. 
We have light rain this morning. We will fish soon.
After I test Black Hole Suzuki II Ultra Light rods enough, I will switch to fly rod.

ksong

action of 8'6" Black Hole Suzuki II Ultra Light rod for 12 lb coho.

ksong

3rd day of Icy Bay Lodge, Ak for coho
We went back to the river where we fished yesterday.
We had hot action in the morning. But they stopped biting when water got dirty after incoming tide started by 1:00 pm,
I fished again in front of the lodge and I dropped three coho while Billy got two.

JoseCuervo

sciaenops

Benni3

Great job my friend,,,,,, ;) keep doing it,,,,,,, ;D

ksong

Esther of Black Hole USA rod cast lures for the first time. She enjoyed coho fishing so much and she wants to go back again  next year.:)

She uses 9' Black Hole Suzuki II Ultra Light rod and IRT 200 reel.