Shakespeare 2200ck Sigma 060 Replacement fiber drag washers

Started by dpabrams, September 07, 2021, 11:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpabrams

I have a 2200ck Sigma 060 that needs the fiber drag washers replaced. I can't find the original fiber washers and I am wondering if there is a generic replacement. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Pete

Ruffy

Hi Pete, can you measure yours? Then find something close from smooth drag (https://www.smoothdrag.com/wp/carbontex-washer-sizes/). Thickness is probably most important, just remember the inside diameter can be widened, and the outside diameter cut down.

On an 050 which I had, I used the #8 in 1mm thick for the three washers in the spool, and the washer underneath the spool. Not sure if this will correspond to the 060 though.

Cheers,
Andrew

dpabrams

Quote from: Ruffy on September 08, 2021, 02:51:56 AM

On an 050 which I had, I used the #8 in 1mm thick for the three washers in the spool, and the washer underneath the spool. Not sure if this will correspond to the 060 though.

Cheers,
Andrew

Thanks Andrew, I just need to get the measurements and should be able to locate the washers after market.

Pete

Brewcrafter

Pete - In my experience opening up the ID is easier than tightening down the OD.  I have used Smooth Drag many times, and they have a great chart of specs for 'non-stock" apps.  If you can find one that is close, I find that bits for "step drills" work great to open up the ID if you use them by hand (not in a power tool).  Usually the cutting surface is sharp enough on a fresh bit that you can twist it by hand and open up the ID.  A little messy, yes but you will have nice clean concentric circles.  Hope this helps. - john

dpabrams

I found stock fiber washers that are on order. We will shall see. Thanks for the interest.

Pete