Por Max 8

Started by Donnyboat, August 17, 2021, 02:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wompus Cat

Quote from: philaroman on August 20, 2021, 06:57:04 PM
Once you get to Bering Strait, it's too damn c.c.cold to use a lo-pro  ;D

Yep then you will have to do like the Two Moron Aviators and do a 360 and get the Flock out there  :o
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Donnyboat

Ha Haa, I am a jump ahead of you bloke, about 8 months ago, a bloke on the other side of Australia, advertized about 180 bearings for sale, he had been doing up reels most of his life, mostly Mitchells & ABU, including Ambassadeurs, he also said that there was some good second hand bearing there to, anyway he wanted AU $6/bearing, so I told him to itemizes them all, & check out the postage, anyway after a fourtnight or so, he got back to me, it was 2 time consuming to itemize them all, so how about, 180 bearing & he would cover the postage, so I sent him $6/ 180 bearings, turnt out when they arrived, there was about 220 all up, I think I worked it out @ $4/bearing including postage, so I have them laying flat in 2 container with all the sizes, starting from the smallest & so on up, I needed two new bearings for this reel, & shore enough I had them in stock, I have done up about  50 reels this year for resale,  any bearing I have needed I have had them in stock, keep well cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Donnyboat on August 20, 2021, 11:56:21 AM

Billy you were on the money, I set the reel up so I could tap the spool out through the tail plate side, once the spool was out, I could see a Phillips head screw holding it together, between the switch & the black knob, undone it & it fell apart.
     cheers Don.

Well Steve said it first ;I just said it differently ....lol

Quote from: oc1 on August 19, 2021, 06:49:27 AM
That's weird.  Will the spool move left to right?  If not, the spindle/spool shaft might be stuck in the ball bearing inner race.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Donnyboat

Yes Billy, I have it back together now, I was a bit concerned for a moment, I had the tension cap a bit to tight, & it was`nt winding very free, once I adjusted the cap it is running really smooth.
     now back to the switch, when it is on, or forward, the free spool lever just springs back up, when the switch is off,  the lever stays down in free spool, till you turn the handle.
     Getting back to the bearings, its nice to have them on hand, save ording them, the waiting a couple of weeks for them, Out of that lot I replast bearing in Penn international 50, & two speed 80, some of the boxes with one bearing in it, have prices on them @ $22/bearing, I am now searching for a larger handle, I think I may have one out of the gear my mate brought of off the  rubbish tip, I had to do some panel beating on it , keep well cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat