Penn 113HN Baja Special/ US 113 Senator Side Plates Kits

Started by Cortez_Conversions, September 10, 2021, 12:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

Coming Soon!
This is just a sneak peek at what's coming down the pipe....
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

steelfish

The Baja Guy

rogan

Squidh90

Swami805

Nice, mine is pretty beat up, those should be the ticket.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

steelfish

and I just "sold" (cheap as chips) my spare Baja Special to my close fishing friend after he sent his Baja Special to the bottom of the sea, I mention that because I kind of like the vintage look of the stock sideplates but I really want to get those Cortez Convertion sideplates for mine.

Tom, will you have the option of different colors or just silver as the one you showed?
The Baja Guy

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: steelfish on September 10, 2021, 04:52:17 PM
and I just "sold" (cheap as chips) my spare Baja Special to my close fishing friend after he sent his Baja Special to the bottom of the sea, I mention that because I kind of like the vintage look of the stock sideplates but I really want to get those Cortez Convertion sideplates for mine.

Tom, will you have the option of different colors or just silver as the one you showed?

Hola Alex,
They will be available in several colors, depending on demand.

Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Ron Jones

I've been salivating since he showed me the photo.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

akfish

I, of course, will need to order a set once they are out. But I do have a question: Given that the Baja Special already has a one piece aluminum frame, how much do the aluminum side plates help? Is the reel significantly more rigid so that the gears always align? Do aluminum side plates act as a heat sink to keep the drags cool when that 100# wahoo tries spool you?
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

ReelFishingProblems

Tom, those things are slick! Will they all be inscribed like these? I personally love it.

Nick

RowdyW

Tom, I going to need 1 set in silver & probably a second set in purple.      Rudy

Ron Jones

Quote from: akfish on October 01, 2021, 12:41:46 PM
I, of course, will need to order a set once they are out. But I do have a question: Given that the Baja Special already has a one piece aluminum frame, how much do the aluminum side plates help? Is the reel significantly more rigid so that the gears always align? Do aluminum side plates act as a heat sink to keep the drags cool when that 100# wahoo tries spool you?

To quote Tom himself, "we're becoming girls!" The sideplate colors ensure that your reel is color coordinated with your buff and Keens :)

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Rancanfish

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Aiala

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D