Briggs & Stratton 492496 Carb

Started by jgp12000, September 05, 2021, 05:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I just bush hogged and ZTR'd 5 acres around the house, glad I ain't gotta push mow all dat... bout to try the carb choke swap over. I miss the good ole daze but love a zero turn, it makes grass cutting more fun, it's like a shop or TV you always wish u got a bigger one.

jgp12000

I was able to move the choke over, it literally cranks one pull every time, no joke and will shut off proper with the throttle lever. I bought this 37 years ago when we first got married for $400 it's been a good one,
thanks guys !

conchydong

Thankfully I never had to use a reel mower but in the Florida Keys we didn't have "real" lawns, mostly just rocks and weeds. Biggest problem that I had was rocks shooting out and hitting your ankles or breaking something of value.

Gfish

Quote from: oldmanjoe on September 05, 2021, 08:33:32 PM
95% of the time , when they don`t want to start  or run like poo-poo it is the main feed jet that needs cleaning .
Very easy on this style carb , just remove the bottom bolt / main jet and clean the 3 holes out .

Nice wire tool Joe. Where'd you get it?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare